Tuesday, December 8, 2009

2006 Tostitas Fiesta Bowl Boise State Broncos v. Oklahoma Sooners

This is one of the top 5 games I have ever watched in my life! Boise State v. Oklahoma. 2006. Fiesta Bowl. Glendale, Arizona. Remarkable! Incredible! Every time I watch it, I get chills. Enough of me, here is how it all broke down. Boise State went 12-0 while Oklahoma went 11-2. The whole game was back and forth. The last two(the ladies..or people who love seeing two people in love could say 3)plays was absolutely remarkable. The first play being a hook and ladder to tie the score and send the game to OT. And to win the game for the Broncos Jared Zabransky faked it to the right with an empty hand then handed the ball off(behind his back) to RB, Ian Johnson for the touchdown! The next play, Johnson proposes to his longtime girlfriend and Boise State cheerleader, Chrissy Popadics. Check it all out below! It was such a great day for Broncos fans and made a great case for non-BCS teams to get into the BCS games for next year.

3 comments:

  1. I remember that moment too! Great stuff and so romantic. Good thing we had TIVO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I don't follow college football much but have always enjoyed the teams that came to Pasadena for the Rose Bowl because I am from SoCal. What do you mean by BCS or playoffs?? Can you expand on this? I really want to vote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BCS = Bowl Chamiponship Subdivision. Sugar Bowl, Rose Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Orange Bowl and the NC game in Pasadena, Ca.

    The playoff system would include either 16 or 25 teams and it would kind of work like the NCAA March Madness system. I am still trying to somehow incorporate bowls.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment on as many posts as you can. Let me know if my argument is convincing. Share your opinion on the issue. And if you know nothing about College Football, please comment on design/if it looks professional/what you like/don't like.